Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Jolene

 

You are the wildest decision I ever made.

The opposite of everything I was raised for.

The opposite of every certainty I’ve ever known.

You’re a whirlwind of bad decisions and a life lived hard.

Everything I was told not to want.

Reckless and restless. 

Mistakes with women, mistakes with me.

Racking up life after life,

Not staying, not settling. 

My biggest fear,

Falling for someone who couldn’t stay.

A kid, scared to death of you. 

From the very first second. 

Always telling myself you were trouble. 

However, 

When you look me in the eyes,

My skin is on fire. 

When you touch me,

I melt to the floor. 

Your words are what makes me feel alive. 

You are every dream come true. 

An adventure I didn’t know I was made for.

You take care of me so good.

You feel so fucking good. 

You spend every day,

Trying to make up for the things that keep me awake at night. 

Taking care of me.

Kissing my bare skin. 

Proving you’re what I should believe in. 

Electricity I can’t leave alone. 

A future I beg for. 

Your hands on me, 

What I pray for.

The security you bring to my home. 

Your voice in my head,

Your body in my bed. 

My name from your lips in my ear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment