Thursday, July 23, 2026

All Truth is Truth

 


The smell of rain right before the storm,

The anticipation making your toes curl, 

The sky and the reminder of life it brings,

The flowers that bloom in my favorite colors

The sound of you singing in a truck, 

The look of your bare chest in my bed,

The storytelling that gets you excited,

The spontaneity that life with you entails,

My look at the sky,

The feeling of your body underneath me while we made out, 

The feeling of your mouth so deep inside me,

You’re scraping my bones,

The moment of anticipation right before I’m impaled,

The way your eyes drank me up,

A day of playing games,

Until you couldn’t take it anymore,

Moments you needed to touch me,

Every single thing you ever said

That made me feel worth something,

Words that felt so good, 

I started to forget I had ever been hurt,

Things so good I thought I was healing, 

Pieces that you broke a lifetime ago,

And pieces you didn’t,

A list of things I’d miss 

If the world stopped turning

No comments:

Post a Comment